Maternity leave (17 months limited term commencing January 2024), part-time (0.55 FTE)
Salary range: $30-40k based on 0.55 FTE and commensurate with education and experience
About the C.I.M. Church Community
Calgary Inter-Mennonite Church is a small community of diverse Mennonites and other individuals who seek to be part of a faith community in contemporary society. We value the opportunity to share in each others’ life stories; engagement in local and global social justice issues; inclusion and diversity in age, sexual orientation, gender identity, thoughts and beliefs in the context of our Anabaptist and Mennonite heritage.
See our Community Values.
The Community Care Pastor provides leadership in the worship and ministry program of the church. They will provide pastoral care and will support the regular worship and community building gatherings of the congregation. The Pastor will provide leadership in identifying opportunities and needs within the congregation, and in representing the congregation internally and to the larger community.
The priorities for this position are:
- Pastoral care
- Worship/Sunday Gatherings
- Community Building
- Children and Youth
- Communication/ Administration
This position is accountable to the Church Council through the Moderator (Council Chair). Regular written and verbal reports for information are provided to the C.I.M. church council and the congregation.
What you would bring to our community
- Spiritual training/divinity and/or social science studies combined with some experience as a community worker
- Pastoral care or counselling skills and experience
- Connected or seeking to connect to local social support community
- Personable, approachable, open listener
- Spiritual orientation to faith and community life
- Strong community-building and facilitation skills (organizing, connecting, empowering others, etc.)
- Servant leadership skills (see Ten Characteristics of a Servant Leader)
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity for nurturing community and connection amongst the congregation
- Ability to use technology effectively
- Ability to set boundaries and structure time effectively
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. MDT on October 31, 2023.
Please note while we appreciate every applicant’s interest in this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.